When it comes to the grey suit people don’t exploit it to its full value, you need to look at it as being a desirable piece, rather than merely a functional suit. the way that you do this is first invest into a good suit with a good fit, then using key piece`s from your wardrobe, a grey suit can be chic with bags of panache if you get the style right.
Now the grey suit has been around over 200 years, grey suits used to be used for morning suits, these days we don`t see enough people exploiting the full value of the suit, the first bit you need to get right is getting the right suit, for get about these super small super slim numbers, fashion changes style does not, invest into a proper two button medium grey suit, not to dark not to light, forget about man-made fibers they make your balls sweat, you want Wool, Mohair, Cashmere, these are natural fibers that keep you warm in winter cool in summer, also due to their waxy fibers they are very water absorbent.
Sourcing your suit can be expensive & time-consuming, two tips scour the sales & company’s discount sites, if you’re not sure about your size they don’t charge in shops for trying on suit`s, go in find your size & fit take a picture on your camera phone of the label, then hit the internet or sales stores.
How a suit fits is top priority, there are some simple key rules when buying a ready-made suit or off the peg to get a proper fit follow these rules.
1. Shoulders’ Because this is where the suit hangs, from the fit should sit on the shoulders, if there is any hunching it is to tight or to big.
2. Jacket closure’ if you get the shoulders right the jacket should close right, if you close the jacket and the front pulls on the button causing a big X on the front it’s too tight, if the lapels hang forward its to big.
3. Jacket sleeve’ When you put your jacket over your shirt sleeve ,there should be a half an inch between the shirt cuff and blazer sleeve, basically only 5 inches of cuff should be showing.
4. Jacket collar’ very easy to spot there will be a gap at the back of the collar, if it’s to big if it’s to small.
5. Jacket Length very simple stand tall put your arms down to the side, if the jackets below the hand its to long above to short.
6. The seat’ is your bum area, your trousers should just hang again if very loose to big too much hunching means to small.
7. Trouser break’ where your trouser end it is called the break, a proper fit will result in a simple dimple at the bottom, no dimple to short more than one dimple to long.
If you want to create a chic Italian style look with your grey suit, go for a black Roll-neck add a polka dot pocket square .
If you have dinner date or you have to attend a business gathering, be stylish but super casual, wear a classy white dress shirt with some stunning cufflink`s to give your grey suit some major style points.
Turn your grey business suit into a party suit, if your going out after work you don`t need to take your wardrobe to work invest in to a casual classy shirt, grey is a neutral color, so adding a the likes of a Polka dot shirt really dresses up the suit most of all the wine color mixes well with the grey double bonus.
Get more out of you’re the grey suit, adding the right pieces to your wardrobe, turns your grey suit into a Swiss army knife, you have suit for work & pleasure,
BE BOLD BE PROUD